Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2012 - A new year

The holiday season seems finally past in my mind.  There were the Thanksgiving, the Christmas, then the Chinese New Year (The year of the Dragon).  I let myself float along with a sense of easy contentment.  The fact of the matter was that I grew lazy and neglected writing on the blog. 

What I decided to do, however, is to commit myself to some continuous learning.  I discovered The Teaching Company, and ordered a number of courses from them.  I enjoyed William Kloss's "World's Greatest Painting" enormously.  He open a door for me to know how to appreciate paintings.  I am also leaning some history of the Asia Minor through professor Ken Harl at Tulane University.Professor John Hale's "The Great Tours: Greece and Turkey, from Athens to Istanbul" offered a great compliment too.

My progress on learning conversational Spanish via Pimsleur's approach is rather slow.  But it is fun to imagine that I could speak a few phrases when I am on my tour in Costa Rica next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment