Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Meeting floating flower pedals

One meets new people when one travels.  Sometimes some of these new acquaintances become new friends.  A Chinese saying describes these kind of chance meeting as "Ping Shei Shien Phon".  I met a couple on the Croatia tour I took last December.  They opened their home to me this past month When I visited Seattle.  IChung, the husband, who is going to celebrate his 80 birthday next year.  Annie is 72 this year.  I quite admire their philosophy and style of life.  Their retired life include hiking regularly, baby-sitting two grand daughters, traveling, and sponsoring a school in rural China.   IChung, before his eye sight deteriorated, he had been writing Chinese calligraphy every day for 2 hours for nearly 20 years ever since his retirement.  Annie, in her quiet tenderness, shows so much wisdom and caring toward others.  How respectful and admirable is this couple, my new friends made during my travel.

Annie and IChung with their two grand daughters in their backyard:

 
IChung's calligraphy:
 

We went hiking in the Wallace Falls and picked blue berries afterwards:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment