Thursday, May 30, 2013

An accidental WOW!

It's going to be a real hot and muggy day here today in the 90's at the end of May.  I told myself just to stay home, read a novel or be bored or something.  Then Tom Skyped me with some wonderful delight.  He recently purchased a connector from his camera to his telescope.  And this morning he decided to try it for the first time.  Just as he zoomed across the pond from the window of his great room, he spotted a heron in action.  That little guy caught a big fish, and proceeded to swallow the fresh fish alive after dropping it a couple of time.  That lucky Tom!   I can just see how later he would describe this event to Janice with great excitement when she gets up.  And how lucky am I to have a brother like him who would share his amazement and happiness with me.

I have had my WOW for the day now.  Even being bored for the rest of the day does not seem too bad any more.  Just like that heron probably won't feel hungry for three days now.




No comments:

Post a Comment