Monday, March 28, 2011

The Last Work Week

Today marked the last "normal" work week for my career.  It's a strange feeling.  I wondered what I should do to make this last week "meaningful", but came up with nothing.  I am no longer being invited to any meetings and seldom receive any work-related phone calls.  Today I spent time talking to a few co-workers.  At lunch time, I stopped by McDonald for a McFish and one cup of senior coffee.  The whole meal cost me $1.68.  A couple of times last week I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself dreaming about work.   I guess it will take some time to really unwind from the "work life".  So it might have been a real good idea that I decided to take April as a "vacation" month prior to starting the real "full" retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment