Sunday, July 29, 2012

Life is to be celebrated

Back in June when the weather was not yet scorchingly' hot, I drove to Huilang's place for a visit.  It turned out that Apple planned to visit their daughter too.  So Huilang decided that we would just catch a ride with Apple.  I wanted to have an opportunity to visit a bit with Apple too, as we anticipate that he may only have months to live.  All three of us crammed into Isa's new home in Boston.  Apple stayed in the bedroom close to the bathroom.  Huilang slept on the sofa in the living room, and I slept on the air mattress in the front room. 

I am glad that I was able to share a couple of meals together with Apple, and the two people very important in his life.  I am glad that we had the opportunity to share some family pictures on the computer.  His father was a law professor at the TaiDa.  Apple certainly has come to terms with his situation and is quite calm about the inevitable end.  Huilang mentioned that he has made all the necessary arrangements.  When she visited his home, she found the rooms very neat, and flowers set in a vase on the table.  Apple has always loved beauty!  For all the love, distress, forgiveness, struggles, and understanding in their lives, I respect them and feel for them!  I hope that Apple was able to take away the sense of goodwill from me to him.

When we went for a walk in the local park, Apple found a piece of grass an sat there by himself.  I took a picture of him from the distance, and would always remember this day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment