Monday, March 11, 2013

The unforgetable color of Belize's Amergris Cay

Belize's beautiful waters are home for the second-longest barrier reef on earth, the Belize Barrier Reef.  As an extension to the trip of "Route of Maya", Gail, Julie, and I took a ferry from Belize City to Ambergris Cay.  We stayed 3 nights in San Petro, snorkeled at Hol Chan, and just hanged loose on the Island most of the time. The three of us got to know each other more.  My friendship with Gail deepened a layer since we met last time on the river cruise from Nice to Paris.  Julie is a new friend made on this Maya trip.  She is a retired nurse living with her husband 6 month in Annapolis, and 6 months in Virginia a bit North of Richmond.

Ambergris Cay is located on the north eastern side off the mainland of Belize:

The wonderful color captured from the little airplane that took me back to the Belize City from San Petro:
The three of us:
 Out at Hol Chan for snorkeling:


While sitting quietly looking at the court of our hotel, I can't help feeling that the palm trees not standing still due to the constant breeze, like my wish to bring happiness to my parents.  Yet they are no longer in this world. 
I wish that they would be pleased to know that I am happy, grateful, and remember them from the depth of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment