Saturday, April 11, 2020

First Quarter of 2020

The first quarter of 2020 turned out to be quite a roller coaster quarter.  In early January, I flew to Houston to celebrate Lily's big birthday, also to visit some other friends including Terry, (and her husband Simon) Becky, Clara, Helen, her Mom, and Eileen. Unfortunately I only have pictures from some of the gatherings.
With Becky
With Lily:













With Terry and Simon:


The next day I returned from Houston, I closed my Columbia TH.  From Oct to Dec. 2019, I have had a lot of wishful thinking, discussion with my brothers, and various estimation done on renovation, then finally decided to sell my Columbia TH.   So luckily it was sold right away.  At the time I did not know the world will soon be twisted upside down by coronavirus.  What a luck!



In Feb.  I went to Utah to attend Meghan's graduation.  I am glad that I was part of this significant event:


We also did a bit sight seeing:







Then I was hit by the news of Kang's passing away.  She was a dear high school classmate. A wonderful human being, and a well loved and respected professor (as well as the Dean of the School of Engineering at University of FuRen).
What a beautiful soul! What a loss!

In early March, The threat of Coronavirus is growing higher.  I started to make preparations to stock up food and supplies .  One day I went shopping with Lyny and Paul.  We laughed to each other while Paul was pushing the cart in Wegman.  We were still quite light hearted.

Now we are in the second quarter of 2020.  US death toll has climbed to 20,110, and as many as 2000 people die every day.  We pray that the effort to flatten the curve will work, and we pray that the death toll will decline.  Life has changed!









No comments:

Post a Comment