Friday, November 16, 2012

An accidental delight

I did not plan to go to France this year.  GCT had a last minute deal sounded very good.  Joan just left her job and needed some distraction.  So she and I decided to go on this "Cruising Burgundy & Provence to the Cote D'Azur" at the last minute.  Then Superstorm Sandy hit, and we had no idea if we could fly at all.  But we did, on Oct 31, 2012.  Out of the 38 passengers for the cruise, 10 did not make it due to the superstorm.  Unexpected at all, I had the most delightful 12 days from Nov 1- 12 in France.

A fellow traveler, Lucy who is 84, took some pictures of me and captured how happy I felt on this trip.  And I found her very inspiring.  She is active and sharp, very good with her camera and her I pad!

Our teip started in Nice, then we boarded the ship at Arles, we made stoprs at Avignon, Viviers, Tournon, Lyon, Macon, Beaune, and finally we spent 2 days in Paris.  I will say more about each stop later.





No comments:

Post a Comment