Saturday, April 11, 2015

Aleardo Paolucci - A painter from Pienza

While Robin, Dino and I were wondering in the narrow alley in Pienza, we ran into a painting exhibition, another accidental find that I impressed my new friends from this travel.  They would not have wanted to climb 4 floors to check out the unknown if I were not there to nudge them. We were all pretty delighted by the exhibit in the end, especially there was no charge.

A drawing of his wife and his son:
 
More paintings on his son:
There was a certain feel of easy going every day life I thought I really liked from his paintings:



 

Then I saw these ones:






















He also had a few strange ones featuring the Pope Pius II.  What was he trying to say about the Pope?
 

 
His unfinished paintings before his death sat in the corner:



No comments:

Post a Comment